Friday, May 26, 2017

Please step into my Civil War research room

A sampling of regimental histories in my collection.
 Like this blog on Facebook.

The Internet Archive hasn't mastered the fabulous smell of old books, but it continues to do a tremendous job digitizing old -- and often rare -- published works from U.S. history, including many Civil War regimental histories. On my blog, I have created a one-stop shop for those histories here. The regimentals are invaluable research tool for everything from little-known battlefield stories to war-time and post-war images of soldiers and battlefields. I have about a dozen original regimental histories in my collection in the nooks and crannies of Banks Manor. For this absent-minded blogger, it's great to find them all in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment