Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Collector's Corner: 2nd Connecticut Heavy Artillery ribbon

The 2nd Connecticut Heavy Artillery suffered more than 300 casualties 
at the Battle of Cold Harbor on June 1, 1864.
Have something you would like to share for Collector's Corner? E-mail me.

This 2nd Connecticut Heavy Artillery regiment reunion ribbon, freshly added to my collection, was worn by a veteran at the unit's 60th reunion in Litchfield, Conn., on Sept. 11, 1925. Most of old soldiers were well into their 80s then, some perhaps even 90-plus years old. I hope someone will be able to identify the veteran pictured on the ribbon on Saturday when I am in Litchfield, where an all-day event will honor and remember soldiers from that area who served during the Civil War. Here's the schedule for Saturday's "Reverberations" program.

1 comment:

  1. John,

    Just purchased a 2nd HA reunion ribbon. Should I send you a photo of it?

    Seward

    ReplyDelete