Friday, March 08, 2013

Antietam: 8th Connecticut monument

8th Connecticut monument at Antietam in early February. (CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE.)
When the sun is shining and the sky is deep blue, Antietam can be a photographer's dream. One of my favorite spots is the 8th Connecticut monument, near where Lieutenant Marvin Wait and Private Oliver Case, both from Connecticut, lost their lives. My favorite spot is the William Roulette farm, especially early in the morning, when there are few visitors to the battlefield. I've often been the only person walking the field bordering Bloody Lane, a very eerie feeling on a foggy morning.

LIKE THIS BLOG ON FACEBOOK!  It will raise your I.Q. and make you feel special.
FACES OF THE CIVIL WAR: Stories and photos of common soldiers who served during the war.
16TH CONNECTICUT SOLDIERS: Tales of the men in the hard-luck regiment.
MORE ON ANTIETAM: Read my extensive thread on the battle and the men who fought in it
.

No comments:

Post a Comment