Monday, June 28, 2010

Gettysburg Power Tour: 2010


I made a quick stop in Gettysburg in April after a visit to the National Archives in D.C., where I researched the history of several Union soldiers. That's another post for another day. I have been to Gettysburg at least 50 times, and every time I go I see something different. I concentrated on shooting some of the many battlefield monuments on this trip. They are beautiful, almost works of art. It's too bad they memorialize death and destruction. Speaking of death and destruction, I almost pulled the trigger on the purchase of a shell with a Bormann fuse. It seemed liked a good buy for 250 bucks, but I wasn't convinced I could persuade Mrs. Banks that it was a good thing. Maybe next time. Here are some of my favorite shots from the Gettysburg trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment