Friday, December 15, 2006

ESPN: Great party, bad photos

ESPN, my new employer, had its annual holiday party last night. It was a cozy affair that included, oh, about 2,500 people. Pretty much a standard company party scene: eight open bars, stretch limos, 1,000 food stands, giant dance floor and game room with air hockey tables, pop-a-shot hoops and video games. And what's a party without really bad pics from my cellphone camera? Pictures of actual people other than yours truly shall be posted once I get their permission. Saw Darren Woodson, the former Cowboy. My wife has a soft spot for Darren, who held the door for the very pregnant Mrs. Banks as she and I were leaving a Mavericks game at Reunion Arena in Dallas 12 years ago. Didn't think it was the place to give Darren a belated thanks. Hey, maybe next year! Oh, it isn't a party without your company's name carved out of a 400-pound block of ice. Crummy cellphone photo does not do this justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment