Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Civil War-themed show Friday in Stafford Springs, Conn.


In honor of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason will perform live Friday at 8 p.m. at the Palace Theater in Stafford Springs, Conn. Their music, including the haunting Ashokan Farewell, was featured in Ken Burns' terrific 1990 PBS documentary on the Civil War. The soundtrack won a Grammy and Ashokan Farewell was nominated for an Emmy.

Tickets for the show are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show. The Palace Theater is at 75 Main Street in Stafford Springs, Conn. Doors open at 7 p.m. Call 860-851-9780 for more information.

(In a blatant attempt to ingratiate myself with the folks pumping up this show, I will add that it just so happens that I was playing the CD of soundtrack from Burns' documentary in my car today. Honest. I used Ashokan Farewell for my Antietam trailer, which I have embedded above.)

LIKE THIS BLOG ON FACEBOOK! It could change your life! (Or maybe not.)
FACES OF THE CIVIL WAR: Stories and photos of common soldiers who served during the war.
16TH CONNECTICUT SOLDIERS: Tales of the men in the hard-luck regiment.
MORE ON ANTIETAM: Read my extensive thread on the battle and the men who fought in it.

No comments: